APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Ain’t your grandpas TV Production studio any more, I suppose.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

greg janza
Re: Ain’t your grandpas TV Production studio any more, I suppose.
on Jan 9, 2019 at 5:49:41 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Let's not get carried away. The "facility" described represents a pretty huge investment in capital"

In the youtube comments, Max Yuryev:

"I know you guys can afford it and Jellyfish is one of the first and now a high end brand nice but dang 40 grand... I’m putting together an updated new Qnap NAS for FCX (also 10GBE but also includes thunderbolt 3) $1800 for the unit and then add 8x 14TB drives (not cheap but still way less). 84TB usable space with raid 6 and same speed for shared editing since its limited to 10GBe. Just slightly more difficult to setup but works the same way and a total of under $5800 vs $40,000. What I’m more surprised about is you guys weren’t using a Server/NAS sooner. We just have two of us and switched over a year ago, so crazy to be swapping drives back and fourth. Congrats on the unit though and especially on the team!! Keep putting out that crispy content."

Tallmanproductions.net | Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2019 13.0 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]