APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Ain’t your grandpas TV Production studio any more, I suppose.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Ain’t your grandpas TV Production studio any more, I suppose.
on Jan 8, 2019 at 10:05:13 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Jan 8, 2019 at 10:05:35 pm

[Mark Suszko] "So I'm an old fart, we'll stipulate to that. That said, I don't like the idea of "just eyeballing it" on a particular monitor, no matter how good the monitor is, versus using known, stable standards and scopes. "

I don't disagree with you at all because that's exactly the same way I've been conditioned for decades of practice.

However, the FACT of the matter is that if most people are watching content on computers and pocket devices today - and IF those devices do a credible job of reflecting the colors that another computer has generated - the need for scopes and keeping "within the lines" on stuff like the broadcast NTSC 100ire limit might be less mission critical than it used to be.

These young producers are creating content nearly exclusively for a relatively newly viable non-broadcast market. The gold standard for them is clearly NOT AC Neilson ratings, but "likes" and subscribes — and so that's where they concentrate. They know the new game. And it's NOT the same as the old game.

That's just how it is.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]