APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Ain’t your grandpas TV Production studio any more, I suppose.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Ain’t your grandpas TV Production studio any more, I suppose.
on Jan 8, 2019 at 9:27:10 pm

So I'm an old fart, we'll stipulate to that. That said, I don't like the idea of "just eyeballing it" on a particular monitor, no matter how good the monitor is, versus using known, stable standards and scopes.

You have no control over what other delivery screens will do to your grade and levels, but if you keep everything within standards using scopes, you stand a at least chance that your output is cross-compatible across as many ways of seeing it as possible. I don't believe anything remains "just" for one particular platform any more, no matter the original intention; indeed, the hardware sellers and content distributors market a multi-device viewing style where you pick something up on your phone, or your wristwatch, then maybe finish watching it on a bigger screen, and vice-a-versa.

It reminds me of the casual way I slapped a long playlist of music into my car's playback unit without getting all the levels at least close to the same... and it makes for an annoying user experience when you have to keep cranking the volume way up or down for each song, to keep it appropriate and not overdriven or at a whisper.

I'll adjust my belt onion and sit down now, so someone else can take a turn.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]