APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Thoughts on 2019

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Thoughts on 2019
on Jan 2, 2019 at 8:28:05 am

Yes, EVERYONE on the planet is holding it wrong.
(Happy to satisfy at least one New Years wish for someone on Jan 1!)

That checkbox ticked, all I want for 2019 is a continuation of what happened for me over the past year.

I had my strongest year (and particularly fourth quarter) EVER - thanks in no small part to FCP X. In fact, it was so busy it messed up my end of year plans and I couldn’t even get to the Creative Summit for the first time!

The icing on the cake was about a week ago when the team I work most with got the news that we landed a nice new client after a 5 agency review. In the midst of an already hectic year-end production run an agency head I do work for called me and said “I’ve got a kinda crazy idea, could you work with me on it as a spec deal?)

Turned out to be pretty edgy (but cool) idea for a client in a VERY traditional industry not known for taking chances.

So Linda and I I sat with him and comped a set of two pitch spots in less than 4 hours start to finish.

At the pitch, the agency head was a little unsure of using the edgy idea, but near the end he decided to show ONE of those comps. When the client called with the news that they were awarding our team the work, the feedback was that their board of directors respected the guts it took to pitch something so unusual.. The feedback was that it made THAT presentation really stand out and so the board kept getting drawn back to it to talk about it again and again.

For me, the confidence and speed of FCP X is all about knowing that the tool gets out of my way now so there’s very modest cost in time and effort to trying out slightly crazy ideas and seeing if they work. I don’t have to tell anyone how brutal this competitive landscape can be.And I’m starting to feel that just playing it “safe” will increasingly be anything but.

Anyway, the old days of feeling so much “on the clock” time pressure is pretty much gone. And that’s worth a lot!

If that spirit keeps going in 2019 I’ll be a very happy guy!

Happy New Year indeed!

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]