APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Mac Mini with eGPU

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Mac Mini with eGPU
on Nov 2, 2018 at 1:25:50 am

[Michael Gissing] "Where it makes absolute sense. The speed advantages that the article Bill linked will certainly help. I don't see how it applies to basic editing though.
"

I think that analysts missed the point.
The key process is removing FRICTION from a needed workflow.
When iTunes made its debut, it really did nothing that Napster and other digital song distribution models couldn’t already do - but it removed all sorts of friction from the process

Suddenly l, instead of finding the site, downloading a file, translating it into your computer or early pocket player, and having to dig into folders and launch programs to listen to tunes - there was a SIMPLE all in one solution that put the hardware, software and a content access service together.

It feels to me that this could be the same type of thing.

Indexing a 2-hour pool of footage to identify all the frames containing each character is one thing if it takes 30 minutes and costs $50 bucks.

If it takes 1 minute and it costs $2 - that’s an entirely different kettle of fish.

It moves from considered purchase to no-brainer “impulse buy.”

And if that massive parallel engine that’s already crunching your frames adds maybe transcription and who knows, intelligent audio and video noise reduction, normalization, and a base grade — suddenly a huge amount of “fix and prep” drudgery falls away.

I’m all for that.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]