APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: New Blackmagic eGPU

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: New Blackmagic eGPU
on Nov 1, 2018 at 1:10:53 pm

you bring up the MOST important point, Michael.
You purchase an iMac Pro and it can come with either a Vega 56 or Vega 64.
But we are in the video and electronics industry - and what happens - everything becomes obsolete very quickly.
And is the case with the AMD Vega 64. New AMD card? Sure - the WX9100 - and will there be an even faster one very soon - THERE SURE WILL ! So with the Sonnet Box (or Akitio Node) - you simply open the box, swap out your card, and you have the new latest and greatest.

THIS very fact is my #1 concern about the pending "new Mac Pro". Will Apple let us mere mortals open up the new Mac Pro and stick anything we want into it - without having to go to an "Apple Genius Bar" to do it - and without having to get only "Apple flashed hardware" where nothing else will work ?

Of course - I can counter my own argument here. The "fan boys" will come back and say "well - if you simply got Apple Care, and something when wrong, Apple would fix this for you for free, and when a NEW model comes out with a better graphics card, Apple will have a trade in incentive program". I know I will never win that battle.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]