APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X hits 3.5 Million users?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: FCP X hits 3.5 Million users?
on Sep 16, 2018 at 3:07:55 pm

there is only ONE thing that matters to me - PROFESSIONAL USERS.
I dread the day (and I hope I am dead before this happens) - when EVERYONE knows how to edit and our industry is (almost) over. As I well know, and have said before - there is still a printing industry (but tiny), and there will always be professional editors (and it will get tiny in the future).

The fact that (I am making this up) - 1 million of those FCP X users are "Instagram influencers" that are 25 year old girls, each with 25,000 followers means absolutely nothing to me. These people are not making their living as editors.
I see countless musicians that now own the technology to make great recordings of their own bands - and do exactly this - and this helps them get bar jobs and Disney Springs jobs in front of restaurants, but it has eliminated 95% of the professional recording studios. So to say that "so and so is the MOST POPULAR audio recording and mixing program" means nothing to me, unless it's being by PROFESSIONALS with high end budgets that are doing major projects (and making major money).

I know the end it near for us ( most of us) - I just don't want it to happen yet. Just look at me. If there was not corporate greed, and political payoffs from cable companies to politicians, the reality that ALL OF US could have a 10G connection back to a cloud service would actually exist. And then people like me, would have nothing to do for a living - because why would you own your own storage for your Mac, if you could do 8K editing with "Google Drive" or "iCloud" for $200 a year.

Yes - one day, everyone will know how to edit, and it will all be over for most of us. Today is not that day.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]