APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: iMac Pro thoughts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: iMac Pro thoughts
on Jul 2, 2018 at 1:13:57 pm

absolutely - the "old" Mac Pro from 2006 - 2012. Companies like Other World Computing (http://www.macsales.com) were created because of computers like this. You get third party RAM, upgrade your own processors, it was easy to work on. You pulled out the old GTX-120, or old ATI card, added internal NVidia Quadro 4000's, or GTX-680's. You added Cubix or Magma expansion chassis, and put whatever you wanted in there (like Pro Tools I/O cards). And of course I/O cards from AJA, Blackmagic, and Matrox. And of course, the AVID HIB card that went to the Nitris DX breakout box.

I would love to know the politics of Apple these days. If they get to sell you an iMac Pro, and the iMac or iMac Pro works great with an eGPU box - WHAT DIFFERENCE to them does it make if it's an NVidia GTX-1080ti card or an AMD Vega 64 card. They don't make either - and they get to sell the computer and keep all the profit. WHY do they care what a third party company does to enhance their product, and why do they make it so difficult for these third party companies ? Of course, this all ties in with the new insanity of SIP (System Integrity Protection) which all started in
December 2017. Bottom line - they get to sell what they manufacturer - why do they care what people want to stick on the computer, and why are they making it so difficult, after all this time ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]