APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Laughably OT: Can you ID an old graphics system?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Laughably OT: Can you ID an old graphics system?
on Jun 27, 2018 at 2:20:41 pm

I cut my teeth editing reel-to-reel EIAJ half-inch black and white RTR in junior high and high school.

Started at this current job shooting on Sony M3's with portable decks, and editing 3/4-inch to one-inch Sony with a Grass 100 switcher and an EECO EMME edit controller... a beautiful machine in appearance as well as performance. The 3/4 source decks gave way to betacam then beta SP, about ten tears behind everybody else... and then came the Grass 200 switcher and a bit later, my best friend in the world, the Pinnacle Alladin. Oh, the fun times spent with that box, I'm not kidding. I made that thing dance, sing and do the dishes.

The betacam Sp decks were slowly replaced by DVCPro, then DVC Pro HD. It's only in the last handful of years our shop went essentially tapeless with P2 cameras and AJA disk-based recording/playback units.

To the question; I believe strongly that learning linear editing first is the best grounding for learning NLE editing, even if you just do that for one day. Most of the skeuomorphics and interface metaphors of our current editing interfaces come from that world.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]