APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Laughably OT: Can you ID an old graphics system?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: Laughably OT: Can you ID an old graphics system?
on Jun 27, 2018 at 2:01:24 pm

In 1980, I worked as a tech for National Video Center on 42nd St. in NY City. They had Paltex editor controllers with their huge GVG300 switchers and 1" VTR's. As the industry moved forward, I would see their "senior editors" say all kinds of bad things about CMX, Sony, GVG, etc. because they KNEW Paltex, and everything else "sucked". I was amazed by this attitude back then.

As time went on, I observed the same behavior of editors (to this day). GVG and Sony suck, because "real editors" use CMX. Then AVID sucked because real editors used linear video to "on line" with. (and during the linear days, every new VTR format sucked because nothing was as good as whatever they owned at the time). The linear editors refused to learn AVID, because the AVID editors were not REAL editors. Then AVID took over, and FCP sucked. Because the AVID editors did not want to learn FCP. And then Premiere, and now Resolve and FCP X.

It is a common behavior that I have seen throughout my career, after a certain age. "I know how to use XYZ, and everything else thats new SUCKS and I am not going to learn how to use it - why - because it sucks".

To me, that is the real laughable behavior I have seen over the decades. Refusal to learn because "what I know is the best" - because they can't be bothered to learn anything new. This certainly applies to the IT directors I meet to this day.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]