APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: iMac Pro thoughts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: iMac Pro thoughts
on Jun 24, 2018 at 4:46:02 pm

[Oliver Peters] "My original post, mentioning 20-25%, was factoring in the MacPro"

Well, factoring in just it's "real" predecessor seems as the only "real" relevant yardstick. But even once the new Mac Pro comes out I'd say factoring in the '13 Mac Pro (even if to the huge advantage of the '19 Mac Pro, no doubt) would be rather silly, even though I'm sure everyone is going to "logically" do it.

On the other hand I guess one could say that the grim, horrible picture everyone seems to want to paint of the '13 Mac Pro ain't all they're cracked up to be either. IOW so much for "outdated even when it was released" if it can still hold it's own with FIVE year younger hardware. 😏

[Oliver Peters] "What are your iMP specs? What are the storage specs?"

10 core, 128GB with local SSD storage. And yes, raw has just barely higher demands on a system than just plain ProRes… which is why it is THE game changer for me. Once everyone has adopted it (especially certain HDMI-out-only cams), it will be yet another serious notch on Apple's "yeah, sure… we DON'T CARE ABOUT PROS"-belt. But that's another thread.

- RK

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]