APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: iMac Pro thoughts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gabriel Spaulding
Re: iMac Pro thoughts
on Jun 20, 2018 at 4:52:38 pm

It was a brand new machine that virtually no one had access to at that point, meaning there were very few real world tests. The machine was faster at some tasks, but at the end of the day it wasn't the performance that caused me to return it (both machines) it was the constant system crashes. I couldn't run iStat Menus without the entire machine shutting down immediately. It's fine on every other Mac I have ever owned. KeyFlow Pro also caused system crashes —an app that is also fine on every other Mac I have owned. Final Cut Pro X and Motion causes complete system crashes as well, sometimes just when moving a clip one frame in the timeline. Apple could not fix the issue. Even with a new user account, only Pro Apps installed, and all peripherals disconnected the crashes continued.

"Huh? Wha?"

You can't install the SoftRAID for OWC's Thunderbay 4 drives with the T2 security chip fully enabled, so I had to disable it —rendering it pointless. x

Gabriel Spaulding
Creator & Director of ACE Enterprizes
Cinematographer | Editor | Motion Designer

How Can We Help You Tell Your Story?
http://www.aceenterprizes.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]