APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Towards a better NLE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Towards a better NLE
on May 20, 2018 at 3:38:36 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "There has to be a better model and I don't think any NLE has yet come close to addressing the issue.
"

I would argue that FCPX does something to move the ideas forward. Look at your "One Smart Collection to Rule Them All".

And then if you are talking about clips as containers, FCPX has that too. Every clip is a container. It's not much use, but the framework is there. And then there's compound clips that could be containers and groups.

And remember, as Walter Soyka always says, all of these containers and elements need to expose the underlying data model, and that information needs to be able to be described in an interchange format (XML and so forth) with the idea that those elements would be able to be translated to other video programs in a way that made sense to that program's data model. If the needle moves too far, FCPX would truly be it's own island. Isn't that what it already is accused of, even if it's false? If FCPX's data model suddenly looks like nothing else, then it will be stuck by itself with all these great ideas and innovations with no where to go. Or am I not thinking about this clearly?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]