APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Towards a better NLE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Towards a better NLE
on May 17, 2018 at 8:32:12 pm

[Bill Davis] "This post really disappoints me about your perception of X, Oliver."

My perceptions of X as related to new-ish users, is based an seeing how they actually edit and seeing those that have struggled with which application makes sense to them. That's on top of my own use of it.

[Bill Davis] "If I were to assert that most CC editors really don't use Lumetri. Few really uses Audio functions on the timeline beyond the basics."

Actually you'd probably be right.

[Bill Davis] "At heart, I have NO idea of how many X users are fluent in Roles. And YOU don't have any idea of what percentage of Premier Pro users know how to properly apply an audio Limiter. "

Agreed. We are only going by our own anecdotal perceptions.

[Bill Davis] "Millions are provably relying on FCP X to make a buck."

Hmm... I think you are being highly optimistic. 2.5 million users doesn't mean millions are making a buck with it. Maybe a few hundred thousand at best. There are plenty of casual users who buy professional applications simply for a hobby. Logic Pro X would likely be a good example of this, too.

[Bill Davis] "I don't think it's necessary to cast that type of shade on either."

Not casting any shade. Simply questioning the premise that roles and keywords are a deciding factor. Ignoring those is a perfectly valid way to work and many do so quite successfully.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]