APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Towards a better NLE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Towards a better NLE
on May 17, 2018 at 8:20:25 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Other than magnetic timeline, can you honestly say that you see a lot of people who use X that actually make use of these functions? Or do they merely accept the defaults and slap stuff together in the timeline? I'd venture to say the latter is a far greater number among those that edit with X. I don't believe roles and keywords sell X to anyone who is a new user."

Wow. ABSOLUTELY and EVERY DAY.

Do you spend ANY time on the X oriented boards at all?

The VAST majority of questions in those boards, some of which have tens of thousands of users are at the EXACT SAME level you'd expect to find in any other software community.

Are there Noobs who don't use all the aspects of the software? Sure. But you'll find the exact same mix of people on the Premiere Pro and AVID boards. X has been growing for SEVEN YEARS - and it's boards are RIFE with intelligent, informed discussions about EVERY SINGLE aspect of X use.

And in the multiple "Professional Use" X boards - there are thousands more participants who ONLY use X to make their livings and know and discuss the software at precisely the same level that people discuss AVID or any other NLE on boards oriented towards them.

This post really disappoints me about your perception of X, Oliver.

Imagine if I were to opine publicly, that only a small fraction of Premier Pro users do anything other than use it's MOST basic functions. If I were to assert that most CC editors really don't use Lumetri. Few really uses Audio functions on the timeline beyond the basics. And that editors using Premier Pro to do professional work are just somehow, an exception.

I suspect if I posted something like that about Premiere - I'd be met with derision and scorn. And rightly so. And sorry, but that you would frame this question in a similar manner is surprising.

At heart, I have NO idea of how many X users are fluent in Roles. And YOU don't have any idea of what percentage of Premier Pro users know how to properly apply an audio Limiter.

Millions are provably relying on FCP X to make a buck. And I assume exactly the same for the Adobe Solutions.

I don't think it's necessary to cast that type of shade on either.

I'm disappointed in this post, Oliver.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]