APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: i ❤ FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Witthaus
Re: i ❤ FCPX
on May 9, 2018 at 9:22:17 pm

[greg janza] "I can only see thinking in those terms when creating a sizzle type piece and needing a lot of visual tricks to be incorporated into the edit. "

I disagree. If you are having fun during the process, that shows up in the end product. If you have to hack away on a tool you don't enjoy, it WILL show up in the end. When I play the telecaster knock-off, I am having a shit-ton of fun. I think that shows up in the music (I kinda suck at guitar but still enjoy playing!).

[greg janza] "Once I start an edit all of my focus and energy is on story and virtually all of the technical recedes into the background. Whether I cut that story on Premiere, FCPX , Resolve or whatever NLE is the flavor of the month is irrelevant because all that matters in the end is the story."

This I agree with this if you combine it with my above comment. The NLE should never get in the way of the story. So the question is which NLE "stays out of the way" the most so the best story can be crafted? Maybe this is just the tool that an editor is most used to using? Could be. Inspiration comes from the work and if you are enjoying the work the product will be better.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Visual Storyteller
https://vimeo.com/channels/1322525
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]