APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 7, 2018 at 2:13:52 pm

[Tony West] "So, your way is less efficient than how I wold do it."

As I have said before, my way most likely involves more keystrokes, but total time would be about the same. Especially when the move is complex. Simply swapping around soundbites with a few B-Roll shots is relatively easy and fast in any NLE, but of course, X has the edge in that simple scenario. Remember, too, that in most complex scenarios, B-roll shots and connected audio, like music and SFX, aren't always connected to the primary clips that you wish to move. Many often prelap the cut to the primary. Therefore, you also have to factor in the need to move the connection point in X before doing any dragging.

[Tony West] "There are often multiple ways of doing the same thing. I often see people doing things in X that I would never do. If you are working like that I can see why you don't feel it's any more efficient. I wouldn't either if I did it that way."

To each his/her own. Don't assume that I haven't done it the other way, as well. I've only been cutting on X since day 1. And for a time exclusively in X. I just find that in the long run - for me at least - dragging is the least efficient and least accurate way to work.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]