APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony West
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 7, 2018 at 1:16:30 pm

[Oliver Peters] "[Tony West] "The cut and paste method you mentioned seems to defeat the purpose of the connected clips. You would have to lasso all the elements to do that instead of just dragging the primary clip."

Yes. So?"

So, your way is less efficient than how I wold do it.

First, if you are going to use that method you have to make sure that you lasso all of the elements that you want to past. If you don't, whatever you miss won't be there when you paste. I'm only worried about the primary clip or clips.

[Oliver Peters] " When I move a piece, it's usually a segment, so in FCPX that would be several primary clips and their associated connected clips,"

If I'm moving a segment I still only lasso the primary clips (which is less lassoing than your example.)

If you have over 10 elements connected to a primary like Carter, it's a lot more work trying to reach vertically down to lasso all of those clips. (That's why I imagine you don't see him doing it that way often)

Your way is 1. Lasso more (than I would) 2. Cut 3. move the playhead down the timeline to where you want it to be. 4. select that spot 5. Paste

My way is 1. Lasso less 2. drag everything to the spot.

There are often multiple ways of doing the same thing. I often see people doing things in X that I would never do. If you are working like that I can see why you don't feel it's any more efficient. I wouldn't either if I did it that way.

Also, the point isn't can you move chunks in X more efficiently than me (doesn't look like you can) but rather can you move the same chunks in a track-base time as efficiently. You would have to make your own version of the carter video to prove it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]