APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 4, 2018 at 10:49:26 pm

[Bill Davis] "And I suspect as complex as this new show they are mounting appears - it will likely end up on FCP.Co as a case study maybe next year. "

Staying on point - since I was talking about lag in dragging clips around on the timeline...

All I know is that if I have several primary clips with connected clips as a compete chunk at the end of a 60+ minute timeline, and I want to move that somewhere towards the front - and it has to pass a bunch of other clips with their own connected clips along the way - then it's easier to copy/delete and then paste/insert, than it is to drag that whole stretch. At that point the differences between doing this in FCPX versus Premiere or Avid is trivial. Dragging is relatively easy if I'm simply swapping around the order of soundbites with minimal connected B-roll.

In addition, I'm well aware that Lumaforge is better suited than other NAS systems for FCPX. But then OpenDrives is also better suited for Premiere. Just depends on what one can afford. But I highly doubt that if anyone is working with native RED or 4K ProRes files on a network, that the performance will be the same as on local storage. Now, if you have a bunch of C100 HD files, it's likely a different story.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]