APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Hancock
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 4, 2018 at 7:36:31 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "When you need a specific tool, you need that specific tool and workarounds just don't cut it."

Exactly.

Just today, in another forum, I saw that an editor was handed a script built from sound bites, but with no timecode or clip names to reference them. Because they were cutting on Avid and had Phrasefind, what looked to be a laborious multi-hour slogfest took about 20 minutes to rough out. They couldn't have done that in any other NLE. That was the right tool for the job.

I had a job a few years ago that was going to be 100% green screen with tons of graphics and compositing that were all going to be done in AE. I chose to cut it in Premiere. When I handed my project off to the mograph artist they literally copied and pasted my timeline from Premiere to AE, and they had my entire edit ready to go in seconds. I can't think of any other NLE that would have been as fast and seamless going from NLE to After Effects.

The hardest part isn't learning to use software for a job - it's learning which software to use for a job.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]