APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 4, 2018 at 7:17:18 pm

[Bill Davis] "That’s pretty much my definition of “faster” in this context."

In most ways that one can think of, all NLEs are very closely matched in terms of their overall speed, with small benefits in one area offset with small annoyances in another.

However today I had to do one of my least favourite editing tasks, in a screaming hurry as always at this time of the year, and given this week's revival of the "FCP X is unquestionably faster" meme, I was revelling in the fact that I was working not in FCP X but in Premiere.

Because it was a task that related to timecode.

I have had to do this same thing many times before in FCP X and each time I was minded to stick a hot pin in my eye to remind myself what lesser suffering felt like.

I would trade the marginal conveniences of FCP X any day in order to access the superior timecode handling of Premiere or Media Composer ... for this particular recurring task.

When you need a specific tool, you need that specific tool and workarounds just don't cut it.

Not all editors have the same requirements so can we just cut a bit of slack to those whose needs are not fully met by FCP X in every situation?

As I have to keep repeating whenever I say anything slightly disobliging about FCP X, I enjoy and admire many things about it. Just not everything.

(Catch an FCP X enthusiast adding a similar rider when they are discussing another NLE!)

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]