APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 4, 2018 at 7:05:24 pm

[Bill Davis] "Sure Tom works on short form, but Mads and Ryan at Metronome don’t.
Nor Chuck Braverman in LA. Nor a boatload of the LumaFirge clients all around the wotlrld"

But you really don't know if they are seeing a lag when dragging a clump of media from one end of a 90 minute timeline to the other. Nor what their tolerance for "lag" might be. Or do you?

[Bill Davis] "It might be useful to note that there are many, many posts about how solutions like Premiere and X are different in how they process files and the type of network topology they prefer. So it might be that if your system is “optimixmzed” for one - it will have lagging issues with the other - if you try to switch back and forth."

I'm not even talking about network. For me it's there on local storage on every machine I've ever used X on - once you are there with large timelines. My tolerance is ZERO - plain and simple. On a standard shared network (QNAP in our case), FCPX is completely unusable when I start to work with very high-res files (4K and larger). Shorter form, running on a Promise RAID, like butter.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]