APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 4, 2018 at 6:48:13 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on May 4, 2018 at 6:52:51 pm

Sure Tom works on short form, but Mads and Ryan at Metronome don’t.
Nor Chuck Braverman in LA. Nor a boatload of the LumaFirge clients all around the wotlrld.

There are clearly shops, TV stations and documentarians doing nothing BUT long form - and none of them that I chat with grouse about being unable to work efficiently.

So the question Maybe becomes what is your shop doing that is preventing you from achieving the same thing?

It might be useful to note that there are many, many posts about how solutions like Premiere and X are different in how they process files and the type of network topology they prefer. So it might be that if your system is “optimixmzed” for one - it will have lagging issues with the other - if you try to switch back and forth.

I know little to nothing about multi-seat shops - but I know and regularly talk with lots of folks who do - and all they tend to chat about is how to achieve increasingly complex workflows - because they are extremely happy with what they are already doing.

FWIW.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]