APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 4, 2018 at 6:35:56 pm

I thought the “top posters” thing had long since been retired? Where is it now?

Anyway, the reason I’ve talked so much about speed goes back to my very first major editorial experience in X.

I’ve posted about it here before.

The live on-site corporate conference edit i’d done for many years.

Each year (for the last half dozen years) it had taken me 10 days to complete and the last 2 were the typical editing “death march” with little sleep to have a 10-20 minute “best of conference” edit to show at the closing meeting.

After my commitment to X, I was seriously in “heart attack” mode on day 5! I didn’t have a single asset on ANY timeline - and was convinced I was going to spectacularly FAIL and lose one of my linchpin clients.

But on Day 7 by noon, I had 90% of the cut in showable form - and a Browser full of pre-trimmed options - and was calmly waiting for fresh content options to arrive.

I got two FULL nights of sleep before the showing for the first time EVER - and that was when I started describing X as SUPER FAST way to edit.

Over the minths past that, I kept seeing the same thing over and over and over.

My “time to completion” on work types I had years of experience with were dropping.

I had more time for pondering and time to let things “sit” more so I could come back to them with fresh eyes.

And even more palpable - when clients asked for changes to existing X work - it was HUGELY easier to erevise them - provided I had made the correct “managed verses referenced” choices and had stored and backed up my original construction assets sensibly.

A video done and billed in 5-7 days that would have tsken 10 before?

That’s pretty much my definition of “faster” in this context.

FWIW.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]