APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brett Sherman
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 4, 2018 at 12:44:13 pm

[Neil Goodman] "I just really want to edit slower to be honest - all this fast fast fast stuff - I'm over here like my client gave 5 days to cut this trailer, I'm going to take all 5 days. Your not getting a cut from me early that's for sure. If I have extra time - I experiment and come up with alts which are always appreciated by the client and my creative directors. "

And then there are those of us whose edit sessions are measured in hours, not days. And working through hours of footage to do it. It's those scenarios that FCP X really shines. I'd also say it shines in large documentaries with tons of footage.

It also sounds like your clientele is not very price sensitive. Which is great for you. But I'd say pretty rare.

It really sort of proves my theory that the Hollywood world is sort of unique in the video world. Time and price are not as critical in project prioritization. I work in social media where time is the most critical factor. Pristine quality, meaning that extra last 5% improvement, is really largely inconsequential.

Different jobs. Different tools.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]