APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: i ❤ FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: i ❤ FCPX
on May 4, 2018 at 12:04:29 pm

Agreed, 100 percent.

Yes of course I have a wish list of stuff I wish FCPX had, but the pro's far outweigh the cons for me.

I'm so used to it now that I can't imagine myself going back to tracks. I talked to professionals a couple of years ago, and I told them that the beauty of the Roles concept was that it was based on CONTENT instead of a numbering system. You assigned DIALOGUE, SOUND, MUSIC, and then you had the beauty of organization (which is the nr 1 point of tracks) but with all the benefits of the magnetic timeline.
I still think this is a beautiful concept from which I think "why didn't anyone think about that earlier?"
With 10.3, Apple supercharged it with the audio lanes and coloring, finally exploiting the potential they had with the introduction of Roles. And of course I'm sure more potential is left to the table untapped (audio mixer, automatic ducking like Premiere Pro now announced, etc. ...)

My first reaction to FCPX was mostly frustration and rejection, but by 10.0.6 (2012) I had switched completely. Now my muscle memory *thinks* in terms of connected storylines, primary storyline etc. ...
Anyone may disagree, and I know it sounds simplistic, but every time I see demos of Premiere and Resolve, and I cannot feel like the way their timeline works, feels backwards and old.

And I know a lot of people will say they don't care, and that's fine, but to this day I'm so curious to hear what Walter Murch would say about FCPX AFTER 10.3. I just read his great book, In the Blink of an Eye. He's a very gifted speaker and I know he went to Premiere Pro and I'm sure he's happy. I know he dissed FCPX for very valid reasons when it was released, but a lot of those reasons he mentioned before became invalid with Roles and later 10.3 and Audio Lanes. For someone who talked so much both philosophically and technically about editing (and has great insights), I'm very interested in hearing what he would think about the Magnetic Timeline in it's post 10.3 form.

https://mathieughekiere.wordpress.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]