APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Goodman
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 4, 2018 at 12:30:08 am

[Craig Seeman] "IF (big IF) your workflow involves moving lots of "layers" (tracks) around and dealing with things like clip collisions, MOST OF THE TIME, FCPX is faster. BUT (big BUT) you still need to know how to keep things in place sometimes."

Its very rare that Im taking a huge chunk of an edit and moving it to later or earlier in the piece. Its mostly extracting a chunk - but filling in that chunk with new material that fills the same amount of time.

And time is everything for me as except for a theatrical trailer - I have to hit exact times, so I'm putting my end card right up to the time I want to hit, and that end card never ever moves while I'm editing. I also have a tendency to make sure my ending will work as intended and then work backwards filling in the rest of the piece. In this situation I have to do alot more work in X, than I would in a traditional NLE.

Where i really find X to be faster is spotting and breaking down footage. Actual timeline editing is about the same in any NLE.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]