APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 4, 2018 at 12:10:21 am

[Simon Ubsdell] "But that doesn't change anything about the point I was making which was that he's not showing how FCP X is "Smarter and Faster", he's only showing how you don't have to let it slow you down unnecessarily."

I think Steve was demonstrating the less common (but not uncommon) needs.

IF (big IF) your workflow involves moving lots of "layers" (tracks) around and dealing with things like clip collisions, MOST OF THE TIME, FCPX is faster. BUT (big BUT) you still need to know how to keep things in place sometimes.

Of course if your work involves keeping everything else in place when you move a clip then FCPX will involve extra steps to make things "independent" (not connected).

I think the fundamental design of the FCPX is that lassoing multiple clips and avoiding collision was common and slowing down the creative process by the mechanical process of working with those issues.

Of course if you already grok the magnetic trackless timeline you can still trip over yourself if you don't remember how to keep things in place, use connected storylines, know how to move the connection point, etc. when you need to. This is what I think he's addressing.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]