APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Goodman
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 3, 2018 at 10:08:32 pm

I just really want to edit slower to be honest - all this fast fast fast stuff - I'm over here like my client gave 5 days to cut this trailer, I'm going to take all 5 days. Your not getting a cut from me early that's for sure. If I have extra time - I experiment and come up with alts which are always appreciated by the client and my creative directors.

When approached with extreme turnarounds - I buckle down and get it done but I've never once thought to myself - I wish I can edit faster. Faster exports, faster renders ( I don't remember the last time I had to render anything except an audio effect) - sure bring it on but creative decisions take the time there going to take regardless of the tool IMO.

In my world turnarounds are for the most part standard. Every place Ive worked at gives me 1-2 weeks for a trailer, 1-2 days for a :30 spot, 3 days for a :60 etc. Its generally known by the clients that good creative takes time.

I tell my fiends it takes me 2 days to cut a :30 and they all think the same thing - that's alot of time to cut :30 seconds of video but there are also unaware of the complexity a modern piece of marketing can contain. The music bed/edits alone could take half a day and another half a day doing sound design.

Steve's presentation was well done and informative for people new to X but I feel like someone's been giving this demo once every couple months for the last few years.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]