APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 3, 2018 at 9:08:38 pm
Last Edited By Simon Ubsdell on May 3, 2018 at 9:12:09 pm

[greg janza] "Most people want the path of least resistance. When prompted with the option of learning a whole new approach to editing I'm going to guess that 9 out of 10 folks will pass."

I think you have allowed Bill to mess with your head here.* FCP X is really, really, really not difficult to master - and master in depth.

The editors I know (most of them) are very clever people and have no difficulty accommodating themselves to new ways of working. (Maybe that's not the case in other territories but it's certainly true here.) You just have to convince them that the change is worth the effort ... and more importantly the disruption, given that their workflows are dependent on a large number of interactions with other workflows and other applications.

If you can make an adequate case - and bear in mind that they are a very discriminating bunch - then they're perfectly happy to embrace any change you throw at them.

* It's an essential component of the FCP X mythology that you have to be a Zen Master with many years of training to appreciate its complexities, to which the answer is: "Pull the other one."

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]