APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smarter and Faster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

greg janza
Re: Smarter and Faster
on May 3, 2018 at 8:59:51 pm

Cue Bill's FCPX glorifying rebuttal in 3,2,1...

One aspect that doesn't get mentioned in all of this nonsense about why FCPX lacks real traction after seven years is that basic human nature is fighting against it.

Most people want the path of least resistance. When prompted with the option of learning a whole new approach to editing I'm going to guess that 9 out of 10 folks will pass.

I learned it out of necessity to take a FCPX gig and had the gig not come along there's little chance that I would've taken the time to learn it.

Life is busy. Work schedules are demanding and so voluntarily taking even more time away from those activities that people actually like to do is not exactly a great selling point even if it's heavily advertised to speed up your workflow.

Another thing that did get mentioned in the other thread is the perception that the software is a cheap pile of garbage that's on the same level as imovie. This of course isn't the case but whenever I bring up the subject of FCPX with other editors, that's the response that I get.

The "cheap" moniker that's been attached to the product also seems to be a limiting factor in it's overall adoption.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor
Adobe CC 2018
Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0
Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280
Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]