APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple to ditch Intel?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Apple to ditch Intel?
on Apr 16, 2018 at 5:24:46 pm

[Michael Gissing] "There might be one more MacPro but I would never base a business decision that needed powerful desktops on expecting Apple to provide for my needs."

The thing is, today's laptops are every bit as "powerful" as yesterdays primary desktops.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the "business machines" I've primarily depended on over the past 30 plus years.

Note the similarity between the processing grunt when I moved from my MacPro to my MacBook pro.

And the "experiential" difference was smaller (IMO) than the technical one. Maybe it's the FCP X integration, maybe it was my ability to specify a "bespoke" GPU for my laptop in an era where much of the processes of modern video editing have been re-coded to run on GPUs over CPUs - but for whatever reason, I didn't lose a single step in dumping my desktop orientation.

This is, put simply, the fastest, most fluid editing system I've ever sat behind.

That's a HUGE change - particularly when you look at those price points.

Chasing desktop grunt might be over for me, unless there are compelling reasons a new modular MacPro really kicks tail for ProRes RAW or the ever increasing camera raster sizes we are facing.

It just feels like a much different ballgame now.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]