APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 'Winning' NAB vs winning new users

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: 'Winning' NAB vs winning new users
on Apr 16, 2018 at 2:37:30 am
Last Edited By Michael Gissing on Apr 16, 2018 at 2:37:49 am

[Andrew Kimery] "I don't suppose you have links to any articles/blogs..."

I don't Andrew. I just don't read or subscribe to any bloggers. I am talking mostly about direct contact with the pool of post people who feed work through to me. I've not heard of any Fairlight users switching from their stand alones but I have had some good feedback from editors who are enjoying using the page in Resolve. V15 might make more difference as it was mentioned that Resolve will be able to open older Fairlight project files, plus things like controllers and SFX libraries and built in pitch & FX tools are getting Resolve/ Fairlight closer to the amenity of the stand alone.

However I can state my own circumstance. I've just edited and graded an 84 minute 4k video wall that played behind the music production "A Tasmanian Requiem". I'm about to edit the concert performance which I covered with ten angles and 14 iso channels of audio which I intend to mix in Resolve to 5.1 . Then my feature doco about the story behind creating the music performance will all be cut, graded and mixed in Resolve in 4k (UHD) and 5.1 surround. So the improvements in 15 have come just at the right time and I'll happily do a write up about it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]