APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: More Skinny on the coming NewMac Pro direct from Apple

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: More Skinny on the coming NewMac Pro direct from Apple
on Apr 10, 2018 at 6:57:06 am

[Andy Field] "Bill,

You missed the entire point of my post -- Apple had the perfect portable editing machine....and then in it's never ending quest to make things thinner -- got rid of useful ports (USB 3.0 - card readers, headphone jacks) and requires you to either carry a bag full of dongles or buy one of the 100 to 200 dollar jury rigged set ups to get the ports back you had.... It's not that i "can't afford" to buy the things, I don't want the extra baggage.

Or, alternatively YOU are seeing Apples moves through your predjuidicrs in the same way I am - and fail to see that while it is quite possible I am wrong, isn’t it equally possible you are?

Maybe the thinness thing actually saves Apple millions on shipping by increasing the number of units they can put in a standard shipping container? Maybe not drilling headphone jack holes through an otherwise sealed case reduces interior dust or humidity issues and leads to longer component life. Maybe what you see as Extra Baggage I see as a move on Apples part to do more I/O wirelessly via Bluetooth or WiFi something that may make traditionall headphones less and less useful?

I don’t know if I’m correct about these things - and you don’t know if you are - either.

But the indisputable overriding metrics are that Apple keeps making tons of money, so more people clearly feel that they are making overall better choices than their competitors.

Remember with the 2.5million seat announcement at NAB - simple math tells us Apple made at LEAST 3/4 of a Billion Dollars selling FCP X

———
You wrote:
It will be nice if they actually do listen to their editors and come up with a powerful machine with the ports, graphics and computing power to slice through any project, no matter what NLE you use.

Well, not if catering to those editors risks losing Apple the momentum that they have already achieved. Exactly why should I be forced to drag around a chunky, extra beefy MacBook simply because somebody else wants to run older non- optimized code on it?

Cuz that’s what you’re kinda saying, isn’t it?

Just food for thought before I shut the lights out before I close out NAB day one.

😁

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]