APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: More Skinny on the coming NewMac Pro direct from Apple

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy Field
Re: More Skinny on the coming NewMac Pro direct from Apple
on Apr 8, 2018 at 9:30:36 pm

Bill,

You missed the entire point of my post -- Apple had the perfect portable editing machine....and then in it's never ending quest to make things thinner -- got rid of useful ports (USB 3.0 - card readers, headphone jacks) and requires you to either carry a bag full of dongles or buy one of the 100 to 200 dollar jury rigged set ups to get the ports back you had.... It's not that i "can't afford" to buy the things, I don't want the extra baggage

And the change was for what? fnot an enormous speed bump and a loud inferior keyboard. One person wrote they use an add on keyboard...but that defeats the purpose of mobile editing -- I do much of my editing at 30 thousand feet flying across the country on the way back from remote shoots -- there's limited space that I don't need to be fumbling through bags for connectors and extra keyboards.

Its like FCP X, which you love, but many editors find fiddly and unnecessarily different than everything else out there. More power to you if you like it, but the original version wasn't a result of Apple "listening to their editors" as the resultant negative first reaction showed

It will be nice if they actually do listen to their editors and come up with a powerful machine with the ports, graphics and computing power to slice through any project, no matter what NLE you use

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]