APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: More Skinny on the coming NewMac Pro direct from Apple

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: More Skinny on the coming NewMac Pro direct from Apple
on Apr 7, 2018 at 5:38:15 am

[Andy Field] "Apple listening to its editors? Not lately"

Or they just aren’t listening to you?

Thomas Grove Carter at NAB last year had the whole Ed Sheeran video running in his 2017 MacBook Pro along with a highly complex :60 AUDI commercial and he didn’t seem to have any problems cutting the heck out of things live in front of 1000 other editors at the Supermeet.

It was a stock “off the shelf” MacBook Pro. No different than one you can walk into any Apple Store and walk out with tomorrow. Same Public build of FCP X - and the same Samsung T3 USB-C connected SSD you can buy on-line anywhere.

Look, if the cost of a few cable adapters are a dealbreaker for you - I don’t know what I can tell you.

My MacIi FX from the late 1999s cost me $17,000 as configured. Hardware costs today are relative peanuts. It’s still real money, but it’s just not a major factor for most business level users.

Toms Laptop Was maybe $350O.00 maxed out.

If that’s too much for you to invest in a fast and effective edit rig, or want to save money on a different set of decisions, that’s entirely up to you.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]