APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple to ditch Intel?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: Apple to ditch Intel?
on Apr 3, 2018 at 4:02:01 pm

[Oliver Peters] "But I'm not so sure Apple is all that interested in cross-platform compatibility in lieu of greater ecosystem synergy and supply chain control."

The success depends on third party development as Bob Zelin says so emphatically.
As 2021 hits the end of Apple's "10 year plan" for FCPX they can easily move that but Adobe, Blackmagic, Affinity, etc aren't on board Apple is going to have some mega holes to fill
Heck there seems to be some exodus from the Mac App Store by developers as well.
A lack of "bio diversity" does not make a good ecosystem

And regarding hardware if developers don't take advantage or possible proprietary then a bunch of adaptors to less capable (in Apple's view at least) interfaces isn't particularly compelling.

Of course Apple can experiment and with their processor advancements. How close might a 12.9" iPad Pro with keyboard and pencil is to a full fledged laptop computer and Wacom tablet in one? That may happen by 2020 (but it'll have to have more than the current lightning connector).

I think a trickle up will be more likely than trickle down as iPads become laptops and perhaps there would be market motive to make a desktop version. I don't think this is the same or as "simple" as soothsayer allusions to a sudden shift to a new CPU/GPU.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]