APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple to ditch Intel?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: Apple to ditch Intel?
on Apr 3, 2018 at 12:04:42 am

this is my opinion, and of course, I am looking to "start trouble".

Way back when, when Apple first purchased Final Cut from Macromedia, the "concept was to plug in a Firewire 400 cable into your DV camera, and capture your video media. And of course, "the professionals" said "what kind of piece of crap is this - this is not an AVID".

It was not until AJA and Blackmagic got involved (and Pinnacle and Matrox) that FCP was considered a professional product. Translation - THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURERS.

As time went on, Nvidia got involved, and released the Quadro 4000. So now, we had a GPU, wonderful I/O, cards from Sonnet, Cal Digit, etc. and things were wonderful, and we all loved the Mac Pro - why ? THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURES.

When FCP X was first released - no shared storage, but you could "Share" to iCloud. With a lot of kicking and screaming, with FCP X 10.3, all of a sudden sharing to a network drive with SMB became possible.

And with macOS 10.13, (and with new MacBook Pros and iMacs), its becoming obvious that Apple wants to "close the doors" and not allow for THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURERS who are the ones that actually make these products viable (for the person that says "I made my living with FCP 1, and a DV cable - just shut up and go away).

If Apple continues with (what appears) to be a closed door policy of things to come - where if they don't directly make money (like in the App Store) then YOU are not plugging anything into an Apple product - well, that may be the end (for many of us). Hopefully this will not be the case.

It would be like Ford saying "you will use Ford tires, Ford Gas, Ford oil filters, Ford technicians for repairs, etc. or you are NOT driving this car".

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]