APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX
on Feb 28, 2018 at 12:14:10 am

[Bill Davis] "I’m sure it makes you feel more comfortable to hold onto the fantasy that X is just for guys like me."

That's not even close. What I say is that editors like you with your needs met by a single ecosystem of hardware and software have so little legitimacy proclaiming what a broad and diverse community might need. When asked by editors what to use, I take into account all of their needs, budgets and workflows. Sometimes I recommend they try X. Other times I suggest other systems. All that interests me is trying to make sure my editor friends are confident and capable with their tools before feeding through to me to do finishing. So I am not an advocate like you for a single system above all others because I know that is not the real world.

And no I was not talking to your friends in Copenhagen. I was talking to all who may wander the Cow and want opinions from people who live in a world where all NLEs & DAWs have to be assessed for the way they work and fit into complex workflows. From people like me who have been doing this for a long time and have worked alongside companies that have been at the forefront of hardware and software development. Your opinion is enthusiastic but narrow and often flawed by a lack of knowledge and understanding of workflows you just never encounter. You are poor at listening and prefer to throw strawmen and car analogies in to bolster your opinion.

So I have no fantasy about you or users of any NLEs. I have knowledge and experience and most importantly a lack of bias for any system.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]