APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX
on Feb 20, 2018 at 9:11:43 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Feb 20, 2018 at 9:13:17 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "3. (and this one is obviously Mac-centric) Apple hasn't released a widely compelling replacement for the cheese grater MP. If the 2013 MP was a cheese grater with modern CPUs, GPUs, I/O, etc., I doubt there'd be so many people running 5, 6, 7 year old Mac Pros (and figuring out how to put modern CPUs, GPUs, I/O, etc., in them)."

I think there's truth to this.

Perhaps Apple is simply more interested in the younger market - where it's reasonable to assume there's less a fixed base of operation. The up and comers are likely statistically less likely to have an office and a desk in a leased space - and more likely to be moving around while they establish their careers.

Facilities are ALL about desks in fixed buildings.

So Apple simply focused on both portable MacBook Pro - and easily transportable (iMac) style units to fit the majority of their likely younger and less "facility bound" customers needs initially. And now that those markets are very well served - they'll move more toward the "fixed base operator" style of machines.

One thing I hadn't thought of before, is that if they DO decide to re-invigorate their desktop "fixed base" game - there is now a whole army of young (and not so young!) potential operators for those seats waiting in the wings.

FWIW.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]