APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX
on Feb 20, 2018 at 3:30:58 am

[Tim Wilson] "Now, it's not uncommon to skip multiple upgrade cycles, all of which are coming much farther apart. Can you imagine trying to run a cutting edge business with even a 5 year old box in 2002? Yet the number of 2011, and even 2008, computers that are out there doing the heaviest of heavy lifting is quite remarkable to me. "

I've been noticing this for a while too, and I it boils down to a few things

1. People/businesses continue to cross the 'good enough' threshold when it comes to computing power so the

2. Making a CPU faster isn't as straight forwards as just cranking up the hertz anymore.

3. (and this one is obviously Mac-centric) Apple hasn't released a widely compelling replacement for the cheese grater MP. If the 2013 MP was a cheese grater with modern CPUs, GPUs, I/O, etc., I doubt there'd be so many people running 5, 6, 7 year old Mac Pros (and figuring out how to put modern CPUs, GPUs, I/O, etc., in them).

If Apple kept releasing cheese grater MPs with new CPUs, new GPUs, Thunderbolt, etc., I don't anyone

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]