APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX
on Feb 16, 2018 at 5:45:49 pm

[Mark Suszko] ""Share" Semantically, for me, means an export customized to a particular deliverable.

"Export", - unless you opt for a different transcoding in the export dialogue - sends a flattened copy of the work product on the timeline, in whatever codec it currently is using."

That makes great sense to me.

The only issue I can see is is it a "share" or an "export" if you're taking, for example - a ProRez 422 export from a laptop timeline where you've been working in proxy (so you might not be working in the delivery format at all) and creating a higher resolution "sorta mezzanine" file via pointer swapping - that you THEN want to host on a service that will take that "sorta mezzanine" file and transcode it further into versions for end user delivery.

There's a LOT of complexity in the modern workflow - and yet only a few words we use to describe the types of files (and the states of those files) that we are creating.

What is a "Master?" That's becoming about as soft and fuzzy a term now as is "Final".

Maybe we don't have quite enough discrete terms to distinguish things in order to keep our communications as clear as we'd like.

OTOH, perhaps we're in a space where the language we have will just have to do - and we'll rely on users undersigning in the specific contexts to get the jobs done.

Like I said originally, all this extremely rapid change is making things very interesting!

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]