APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX
on Feb 16, 2018 at 4:14:57 pm

[Martin Curtis] "For the record, I hate the word "share" used in this context. It's an export, Apple, an export."

This is interesting to me.

I see it differently.

Export, at least the way I had been conditioned to think of it prior to FCP X - was largely creating a new, fixed asset on a desktop.

The word itself could be either, obviously. But it's how I was trained to consider it back when the concept I was learning was to create your MASTER as a unique stand-alone file on the root level of your system.

So when Apple elected to go with "share" - it put me "conceptionally" in mind of sending someone an email or, perhaps making a photocopy and handing it to them.

Seemed more to me like what I was doing when I uploaded a copy of my project to an on-line service.

Export and share are BOTH perfectly suitable linguistically. But for me, "export" was already in use by the software of the time - so using a newer term was signaling internal changes in the process. New thinking, so to speak.

Not sure this is a "right or wrong" thing - more just a "how communications happens" thing.

Like I said - interesting.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]