APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX
on Feb 14, 2018 at 1:59:37 pm

[Shane Ross] "So yeah, it might take a while to build up the capital to afford to do that. It's easier when you are a sole operator, or have a handful of machines.
"

Unquestionably.

But my point is if that investment yields a 10% or 15% increase in efficiency it’s one thing.

But if it boosts it by 50% that’s entirely another.

My point is that I sincerely feel that the combination of FCP X “and” new hardware has easily done that for me.

Of COURSE this presumes a lot of things and isn’t a universal perscription. Type of work, experience and/or training of staff, network infrastructure, management interest, availability of capital, etc, etc, etc will all factor in.

ALL I’m saying is that looking back for this ONE user (doing only my type of work) that combo (software, hardware AND user experience upgrades all together) is what I see as the key to what I’ve experienced.

If an editor has to face a deficit in ANY of those areas, it’s going to be more difficult for them to experience what we all desire - tools that help us thrive.

That’s why I was expressing sympathy for Neil.

Sitting down to 8 year old hardware - facing today’s production pace - sounds like a difficult place to be.

That’s all.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]