APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Goodman
Re: Why one user Switched to FCPX
on Feb 13, 2018 at 11:38:36 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Nope. I think it's absolutely worse with Premiere and FCPX. First of all, Avid's current storage is Nexis, and according to Avid, they've worked hard to make the other NLEs equal clients. So definitely ISIS is tweaked more for Avid.

Second, you are generally dealing with Avid-optimized media, that also helps. In my experience, both Premiere and FCPX don't perform nearly as well on shared storage than they do on local storage. Are your systems connected to ISIS as 1GigE or 10GigE? I would image that if you have 50 machines cranking with anything other than low-res proxies, your system will choke.
"

Not sure if its 1 Gig or 10 tbh - and admittedly Im not a super technical person - just show up and cut - never had to maintain a computer myself.

Its interesting that the NEXUS is that much different with NLES - I saw some people order new NEXUS gear only to have ISIS gear showup, with a NEXUS sticker slapped on? Might've been old stock.

What would be the best codec for our AE's to use for Premiere Proxies? Maybe I can pass on some info.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]