APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: iMac Pro thoughts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: iMac Pro thoughts
on Jan 26, 2018 at 1:49:58 pm

[Tom Sefton] "I had it twice with large projects last year where the library of footage (all red 8K and 6K raw) when imported to a cc project would slow the project to a crawl when saving, opening, closing or importing new footage."

I really haven't run into that and over the past year we've had about 7 editors on various machines running some pretty large projects.

Premiere has to go through a "conforming" process with audio on various media types. When you first import media, this happens in the background and slows everything down. But once down, standard operation is pretty fast. It's generally advisable to not have this cache on a shared storage volume, so we save those files locally. This means that if you open the project on a new machine at any point, those files have to be created again locally on that machine. That's the only annoyance we have routinely run into. However, waiting the first time is about the same as waiting for FCPX to write all the waveform cache files, which is essentially the same process.

The other thing that can balloon project files sizes in Premiere is if you have media, like Alexa Log-C, where Premiere automatically applies a built-in LUT. In your case with RED files, maybe there's a slowdown because of RAW, but I would think only if you've changed the RED settings away from "as shot". Just a thought.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]