APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: iMac Pro thoughts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gabriel Spaulding
Re: iMac Pro thoughts
on Jan 26, 2018 at 2:14:47 am

I can't compare my 10-core iMac (Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HMB2 and 64GB of RAM) to a 2013 Mac Pro or current 5k iMac because I don't have one of those, but I have run a number of tests comparing it to my maxed out late 2013 iMac. In every case rendering (Motion and After Effects) is 2x faster or more, and the actual experience of using those apps is completely different, especially in Motion where I am seeing realtime playback with much more going on than I would have ever attempted on the iMac. Where I had to create proxy media to edit 3 angles of 4k multicam (GH5 and Fs7 files) in FCP X on the iMac I can edit them all natively with the iMac Pro —even when KeyFlow Pro is simultaneously creating thousands of preview files in the background. Keeping FCP X Library and cache files on the internal SSD I am seeing drastic improvements in the speed of audio waveform drawing. I can tell that not every app I use is fully optimized for the iMac Pro, some use more resources than others, but apart from this I am absolutely thrilled with the iMac Pro. Every 2 weeks I receive about 1TB of data for multicam edits, and it would take nearly an entire day to create proxy media for those projects; not having to create proxy media means I have 26 more days to work every year now that my computer is free to do other things, which well more than pays for the iMac Pro.

Gabriel Spaulding
Creator & Director of ACE Enterprizes
Videographer | Video Editor | Motion Designer

How Can We Help You Tell Your Story?
http://www.aceenterprizes.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]