APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: iMac Pro thoughts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Goodman
Re: iMac Pro thoughts
on Jan 25, 2018 at 3:48:06 am

[Shane Ross] "No post facility or online bay has an iMac at it's core. Online has demands that like machines with slots, or that are rack mountable. iMacs don't offer that. If I hear of one in use I'll let you know. But iMacs are mainly single user edit stations that are self contained.
"

Not always true. At the place I worked at last - all the edit bays (30) were Imacs hooked up to an Isis. The finishing team was on Imacs/Isis and only the colorist was on a cheesegrater for big jobs that we produced and shot. The rest of the stuff was theatrical so they would get finished footage eventually w/o the need to color. Those 2015 imacs maxed out are very capable for offline and online and obviously things have only gotten better.

The place I'm at now is all cheesegraters - probably 60 something bays. There's wires all over the place and they are slow as molasses in comparison to the imacs at the old gig. Dont even get me started on PPro performance on them. Avid runs just ok.

Id hope if a new tower came out from apple we'd jump all over it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]