APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: iMac Pro thoughts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: iMac Pro thoughts
on Jan 24, 2018 at 7:21:57 pm

[Shane Ross] "Well, there is a BIG market for MacPros in my world....broadcast TV."

I kinda have to ask why? Because at least right now, the iMac Pros and even many 5K iMacs deliver better performance.

[Shane Ross] "Not just Avid people use them...premiere people do too, as well as more than a few FCX users."

Avid - I don't see, since the bulk of Avid work for film and TV is in the proxy world and MC really doesn't make much use of the GPUs. Any Mac would do. At least with Premiere and FCPX, you have a lot more people working in original, native media, where the machine performance is critical.

I realize that currently, Mac Pros (2013 and towers) are all over the place. But, will that continue? My own theory is that if Apple releases a new Mac Pro on the same schedule as the iMac Pro, then machines will be in the wild by January 2019. If they do what they did with the 2013 machines, then expect to see that machine in a similar variation for about 5 years. Given the development pace of computers, my own guess is that such a machine would be the last of its kind produced by Apple.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]