APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Blog: The "Future of Editing."

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steven Gladstone
Re: Blog: The "Future of Editing."
on Apr 15, 2011 at 10:02:59 pm

Look we know the cycle, somebody jumps ahead here, everyone catches up and then they jump ahead somewhere else. Really - Sliding clips doesn't cause clips to collide and they drop to another track. For me that is a "Duh" but not for the NLE designers. The old SD editor I used to use (DPS velocity) had that happen and all the users applauded - not because it was new, but because we finally had it. Oh that was something like 7 or 8 years ago. On the PC side, IVS edits plays most everything without rendering I believe (mixing sources on the timeline.) Didn't Autodesk have that what a decade ago on Smoke? yes, but now it is affordable to all of us Joes.

Me, I like having AB tracks with a transition track. Makes cross fades sooooo simple for me. I don't think FCP has it, and I've learned not to need it anyway. I think the applause were for features that we've wanted and now we have. The leaps forward - those are interesting, but only time will tell how much a forward leap they are. I'd be happy for a locking collar on the Thunderbolt connector.

Steven Gladstone
http://www.gladstonefilms.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]